Saturday, December 10, 2016

Figure Me Out by The Summer Set


This song means the absolute world to me because it basically describes my life. For a really long time I struggled with a lot of personal problems. I never quite fit in anywhere. I was always that person who was different. As the song says, "Im too pop for the punk kids, but im too punk for the pop kids, I don't know just where I fit in cause when I open my mouth I know nobody's listening." I was so caught up in everything that I wasn't and everything that I didn't have that I lost sight of what I did have.

I'm a very determined individual who has big dreams for the future, and my parents are always there encouraging me to keep going when I want to stop. My dad always tells me, "Pursue your dreams, and keep fighting for what you want. You're a determined and stubborn individual Mikaela. You never quit. Don't quit now. Get you're head out of the clouds, pick up the pieces and keep going. Everything is what you make of it." Over time I learned to believe that, and I realized that my struggles don't define me.

Coming to college I had nine hundred stones thrown at my window. I could've said, "You know what, college isn't for me. I can't do this." I was in the hospital four times, I'm on roommate number 3, I can no longer join the military until I figure out what's wrong with me, and I don't have many friends here, but am I going to let that stop me? No, because there's more to life then all my problems. Theres more to college then what has been presented to me thus far.

Everything in life is about how you perceive it. If you want to have a negative experience then you are going to make it negative, but if you want a positive experience, then make it positive. If you fall down a million times, then you have to find that strength to keep standing up. Every week I literally fall down. Not a week goes by, where I don't pass out, but I keep standing up and pushing forward. Keep a positive attitude, and good things will come. Everything takes time.

"But I believe there's more to life than all my problems. Maybe there's still hope for me to start again. Get my feet back on the ground. Pull my head out of the clouds. I think it's time for me to figure me out."

No comments:

Post a Comment