Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Plessy v. Ferguson Debate

So, today, November 2, 2016, was the first time I debated in class today, and even though I forgot about the slaughterhouse cases, it went alright considering. The whole idea of litigation teams works wonderfully, as long as the team works as a team, which my team doesn't. My team needs to work on communication, and start working together to get everything done. Having to do this project by myself, I learned a lot about not only the Plessy v. Ferguson case, but myself as a person. I learned that team projects don't always work out, but that's okay because if it can be accomplished with a team, it can be accomplished alone. I learned that I can only control so much, and that when something isn't going right it's okay because there's always other options.

Regarding the Plessy v. Ferguson case, its an interesting, but morally difficult case. You have to battle with yourself about what you think is morally right, and what the law is. We all know that segregation is wrong, but at this time period, there is nothing that we can do about it, because its the law. When it comes to court cases, precedent always supersedes morals.

No comments:

Post a Comment